Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Warm in Pucallpa

Last night I woke up to the loud noise of a sudden downpour pounding on the corrugated steel roof. Ahh, SELVA! Keeping warm and happy in Pucallpa. Most of my ministry is just spending time with my in-laws, especially Papito, with whom I pass a lot of time studying the scriptures at various times during the day. I also contribute to the cooking, cleaning, and stocking the little bodega. Like today we went to Tottus (the Peruvian equivalent of Wegman's...or maybe not, maybe more like Wal Mart), mostly for makings for pizza, but also for some things for the store. Tuesday night is Bible study at "our" house. Sunday I went with in-laws to church, where Ps. Desimo Flores was delighted to see me again. I will probably not be back on line until next Wednesday, just because it's not as accessible. But while I could feasibly spend many hours online, I think it has been better spending those hours in the Word with Papito! Times with Levi are short due to his work schedule, but we have had some pleasant and animated conversations, as well as devotional time before he has to leave for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment