Monday, July 18, 2016

July 1 and 2

Had a late breakfast because I was up late. Later on, Jorge's sister Sonia and mother came by. Sonia chatted with me a while, and then Sabi came down to ask about what to make for lunch. Since Sonia doesn't like any kind of noodle/pasta (which I understand, my grandson having the same issue with the texture) we decided to do the beef bits with lots of veggies - broccoli, red pepper, onions, and cilantro, and of course GARLIC. Served with rice. I ALMOST forgot to take the food pic! Then I went downstairs to diddle about on FB. Well, Sabi told me a bunch of the youth were going to this big Christian concert, wanting her to come, and wondering about my coming. But, truthfully, even if we bring along a folding chair, I don't think I have the stamina, much as I'd love to hear Marcos Witt in concert. So I suggested it may be a good opportunity for me to spend the night with some other friends, Abel's sister Cristina, and frequent friend Psa Lorenza. Not having phone numbers, I was sending messages via facebook and saw that Cristina's son was online, so I also sent him a message, and soon after Lorenza got back to me and will come to get me in about an hour. So I grabbed my toothbrush and some necessaries and prepare for a nice visit. Camera too, of course!
My goddaughter Ester came with her baby Josias to pick me up. We went by motokar to her mom Lorenza's place of business, a little tailor shop in an enclosed market place. There I wiled away some time with them, getting pix as her kids trickled in. Eldest, Mirian, was already there helping with the work. My namesake showed up with a delighted cry of "Hermana SHELLEEEEEEEEY!" Aaron arrived, and later David,and the twins Albert and Daisy, and finally Jonas. We started chatting until it was time to close up. Lorenza invited me to the church, formerly Aposento Alto, now Santidad a Jehovah. David carried my satchel and deposited it in the adjoining house while we waited for someone who REMEMBERED the key. I didn't have to preach! There were cushions for kneeling on the floor during opening prayer time, and I told Lorenza I couldn't kneel. We just waited a moment at the entrance as a sister prayed over us - something like a spiritual wiping off the feet before going in, I guess. Then Lorenza got a chair down for me and I joined in praying quietly while the pastora (NOT Lorenza) prayed in the mike for a time. When prayer time was over, the chairs were set out and service began. Mirian and Ester each took part in leading in singing. Daisy was quite taken with me (in the shop little Shelley mentioned her curiosity about our money, so I showed them coins and dollar bills) and sat by me snuggling, until I suggested she lay her head on my lap. She was disappointed that she didn't have a chance to sing HER special, but meanwhile, she ended up dozing off. When she stirred, fussing in her semi-wakeful state (she's 5 years old), Lorenza took her to the house. After the sermon and offering, the prayer of benediction, and I waited for Lorenza to escort me to Aurora's house where I'd spend the night. While waiting the Pastora talked to me and suddenly realized, Oh, I was the MISSIONARY! (I guess short hair and pants threw her off!) and she asked questions and enjoyed conversation - then they realized I was going to Pucallpa, and here was a sister from that very place! (pictures again!) Then David with my satchel and Lorenza and I started walking in the direction of Aurora's house until we got a motokar the rest of the way. She was delighted to receive me and we all had a late, light supper of a chicken noodle soup, plus hot chocolate and crackers. I slept well in the upper room, bathroom just across the hall. No clock around, so I don't know what time it was when I got up, but she let me use her Bible while she went about preparing our breakfast of eggs, rolls, and "Quaker" (oatmeal). Later Lorenza arrived with my dollars exchanged for soles, while Aurora went with her young helper Luzmila to get makings for lunch. We all sat in the kitchen chatting, until another , a brother Jhonny arrived and he and I engaged in a long conversation concerning mainly sanctification. Then lunch - chicken noodle soup, then "Pollo al ingles" (chicken fillets salted and fried), a salad consisting of peas, green beens, and beets, and the ubiquitous rice. After lunch, Lorenza accompanied me back to my temporary home and now I am awaiting pick up by my next host church.

No comments:

Post a Comment